Academic Records

An application package generally contains the student’s past academic records, which includes official transcripts and mark sheets for each degree obtained. Undergraduate applicants may also be required to provide high school transcripts. Transcripts that are not in English require an accompanying English translation.

Several universities may also require credential evaluation through organizations such as WES (World Education Services), ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators) or others, which may be conducted at an additional fee to the student. This is to help US universities accurately translate and assess the student’s performance in the different grading systems employed by foreign institutions.